Darlington Station Restoration

Page Image

The Darlington Station, located at the western end of Idlewild Park, was one of the earliest stations on the Ligonier Valley Railroad. It is also one of the last surviving stations. In 2006 the station and land around it was generously donated to the Ligonier Valley Rail Road Association by Kennywood Entertainment (parent company of Idlewild Park & SoakZone). With the help of generous grants from the Richard King Mellon Foundation and the Allegheny Foundation, we were able to begin the process of restoring the station. The porjett was completed and opened as the LVRR Museum on May 21, 2010.

Please check here periodically as we will be adding photos as the restoration process continues.
(You can click on any image for a larger photo.)

Click here to see a photo record of the restoration.

Darlington Station in 1935
Photo of the Darlington Station as it appeared in 1935.
(Click on photo for a larger image)
Darlington Station in 2005
Darlington Station in 2003 looking West toward Longbridge.
(Click on photo for a larger image)
Darlington Station in 2007
Darlington Station in July 2007 looking West toward Longbridge.
(Click on photo for a larger image)
Darlington Station in 2005
Second Floor window detail - 2005
(Click on photo for a larger image)
Darlington Station in 2007
Second Floor window detail - 2008
(Click on photo for a larger image)

This page was last updated on:

Valid CSS!